Mission & Values
Linwood is a Bible-believing, gospel-centered church in South Jersey. We exist to bring glory to God by making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Since 1934, Linwood Community Church has been declaring and displaying the gospel of King Jesus in the communities of Linwood, Northfield, Somers Point as well as Ocean City, Egg Harbor Township, Galloway, Absecon and the greater Atlantic County area.
We believe the New Testament church exists to glorify God by making and maturing disciples of King Jesus. We do this by demonstrating and declaring the gospel to the lost, living in a biblically faithful gospel community, and reproducing ourselves through discipleship. Thus making disciples who make disciples, or making disciple-making disciples.
A biblical church is a group of baptized believers who glorify God by being what the gospel has made them to be and doing what the Bible tells them to do.
Making and Maturing Disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Expository Preaching
- Authentic Christ-Centered Worship
- Vibrant Congregational Singing
- Meaningful Membership
- A Culture of Discipleship in Gospel Community
- Strategic Missions Locally and Globally.
In the New Testament, the local church has essential purposes. We call these our “ministry Essentials.” Those are to Exalt Jesus, Evangelize the Lost, Edifying and Equipping the saints, Exercising Spiritual Gifts and Engage in Mission
- Exalting Jesus in worship. Faithfully administering the ordinances of the church: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:19; I Corinthians 11).
- Evangelizing the lost in word and deed. Being obedient to the great commission and great commandment.
- Equipping and edifying the saints (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- Engaging in Mission. Mobilizing our members for effective ministry both locally and globally.
If a vision statement is “where we’re going” there needs to be a practical strategy of “how do we get there” For us, that strategy is in summed up in four words: Gather, Grow, Serve, Share.
Gather in Worship, Grow in Classes and Groups, Serve in Teams, Share the Gospel with our neighbors as well as the nations.